King James Group Privacy Notice
By using this Site, you understand and agree to the terms of this policy. This Site is owned and operated by the King James Group made up of multiple specialist companies and divisions, a registered company in the Republic of South Africa. For data protection purposes, King James is the controller and, unless otherwise noted, is also the processor of data.
This privacy notice applies to all prospective, present and past King James Stakeholders, including but not limited to the following:
- Third Party Service Providers / partners / operators (Third parties)
- Subsidiaries and member companies
Last revision: March 2021
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time and encourage you to review it online periodically.
We are committed to protecting the privacy rights of our Stakeholders. This privacy notice describes our information handling and associated privacy practices. This includes:
- How we collect personal information about our Stakeholders
- How we process and use such personal information
- How we may share personal information
- How we secure personal information
- Stakeholder rights
Types of personal information collected
We may collect the following types or categories of personal information, including:
- Contact details such as name, email address, telephone number and work location.
- Company details required for third parties and customer administration.
- Government issued identification numbers for the purposes of employee application validation as part of human resources, employee administration and third party’s registration and administration.
- Information related to candidate or employee race and disability status for BBBEE reporting purposes.
- Client consumer data for marketing communication and delivering services
- Other relevant personal information to enable the conduct of business and address general and new business enquiries.
Personal Information Handling Practices
We endeavor to notify our Stakeholders about the manner in which, and the purposes for which, we collect and use their personal information. We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain a relationship with our clients, enabling ongoing service delivery.
- Where the collection and processing are required by Law, for example, mandatory tax reporting requirements.
- For audit and record keeping requirements.
- To conduct statistical or market/marketing related research.
- For the administration of remuneration, employment benefits and accounts payable / receivable.
- To evaluate casting candidates and applicants who submit personal information for employment opportunities.
- To effectively respond to queries submitted through our online “contact us” feature on website.
- To communicate relevant services and information to Stakeholders.
We may use your personal information collected including but not limited to your name, email, company and job title for purposes of contacting you and/or providing services. If you would like to withdraw your consent for such processing, you may use the “contact us” feature on this website.
Unless required or permitted by law, King James shall not use or disclose personal information or sensitive personal information for a new purpose that has not been identified and consented to by you.
Currently we only use cookie technology that is strictly necessary for administration and operation of our website. These are necessary to enable you to click through our website.
Choice and Consent
In most circumstances, we receive personal information directly from you. For example, when you request King James services or products, we may require personal information for contact or billing purposes.
King James will only require you to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of personal information as per the identified purposes in this Notice. We will not unreasonably withhold products, services or information if you refuse or withdraw your consent.
You may withdraw or modify your consent at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions, provided that reasonable notice is given to us. If you would like to withdraw your consent for such processing, you may use the “contact us” feature or send a query to InformationOfficer@kingjamesgroup.co.za. Please allow at least 30 days for us to effect changes in communication preferences.
We may make use of third-party services to support our service delivery to Stakeholders. Our third parties are vetted in terms of information protection risks and agree to required privacy practices and controls. Examples of third parties with whom we may share personal information, include:
- Selected and contracted service providers that support our service delivery
- Persons acting on our behalf (incl. consultants and third parties)
We will not share personal information with third parties other than as disclosed in this notice or explicitly agreed with you. Further, we will only disclose your personal information if:
- The law requires it.
- We have a public duty to disclose the information.
- If it is reasonably necessary to prevent illegal activity.
- Our/or your legitimate interests require disclosure.
- You consented to such disclosure.
Cross Border Transfer
In certain instances, we may process Personal Information in other countries to support ongoing business delivery. Some countries may not have similar Privacy requirements; in which case we will ensure that the receiving parties agree to adequate Privacy Principles before we share such information.
How we secure Personal Information
We endeavor to protect the security, availability and confidentiality of Personal Information by implementing and maintaining reasonable technical and organisational controls. Our controls are aligned to leading practices and frameworks, including ISO27000 series and other generally accepted controls for information security.
Your Privacy rights
We take note of your rights under applicable Privacy and related legislation, specifically your right to object, upon reasonable grounds, to your Personal Information being processed. Further, you have the right to request access to the Personal Information we hold about you by contacting us or completing the PAIA Request Form.
Alternatively, and in countries outside of South Africa you may write to us at InformationOfficer@kingjamesgroup.co.za.
Queries and complaints
If you have any queries or complaints about Privacy, please contact InformationOfficer@kingjamesgroup.co.za.
Our website may contain links to external websites and sources of information. This does not indicate endorsement by King James and due care should be taken before following such links.
Should you wish to contact the Information Regulator, we have provided their contact details:
Telephone: 012 406 4818
Fax: 086 500 3351