Digital Media Strategist
Johannesburg Media Strategy King James Digital 02 October 2018
We're on the hunt for Digital Media Strategist to join our King James Data & Media team in Jhb.
Minimum 5 years relevant experience.
The purpose of the media strategist is to develop an in depth understanding of the client’s business and marketing goals and translate this knowledge and insight into focussed KPI channel strategies. It is also imperative that the media strategist drives key relationships within clients’ businesses to drive digital media spend competencies.
- Managing budgets
- Managing clients
- Having a strong understanding of the digital media landscape and opportunities
- In-depth knowledge on ALL digital media channels
- Time management
- Strong technical and implementation knowledge
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Quality assurance
- Minimum 5 years experience in digital media
- Developing and defining the digital media strategy on behalf of the client
- Presenting the digital media strategy with confidence
- Demonstrating and showing an unrivalled understanding of the digital landscape, industry tools and data interpretation
- Showing strong data analysis and interpretation skills
- Keep in touch with industry trends and attending relevant workshops to further develop skill set
- Delivering on client requirements
Cape Town Media King James Digital 02 October 2018
What does the Programmatic Trader do?
The Programmatic Trader will help set up our in-House programmatic team, which is within the media team. We are seeking a results-driven and detail-oriented individual who has prior experience launching, managing and optimizing campaigns using demand-side platforms (DBM, TTD, Appnexus, with a priority focus on DBM) to deliver positive outcomes for our clients. This person enjoys working within various platforms day-to-day and the nitty gritty details that make up a programmatic campaign. The trader must be numbers-oriented, analytical, an excel-guru and self-starter. This person will also work with other internal teams such as Data Science and Analytics to analyse, understand and implement campaign requirements and optimizations. Prior experience must include working within a DSP in a self-service manner for a minimum of two years.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience as a trader, executing within platforms self-service at a third-party trading desk, DSP, in-house trading desk or exchange.
- Data science background a plus.
- 2-4 years hands-on, automated marketing experience building and optimizing campaigns within programmatic technology, including DSPs and DMPs; experience in tagging & bidding
- Hands-on experience within display, mobile, video, social channels.
- Ability to think strategically and is continuously updating their knowledge within an industry/environment that is constantly changing.
- Familiarity in trafficking and optimizing CPA and awareness campaigns via programmatic
- Experience setting bid strategies across RTB and PMP (private, preferred, guaranteed) inventory
- Strong experience in Excel, including pivot tables, chart-making, and manipulation of data sets for analysis
- Ability to multi-task across clients to ensure the proper executions of several plans simultaneously
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- General troubleshooting skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent listening skills and the ability to adjust to the personalities of various partners
- Strong project management, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to multitask with effective resolution management in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Reports to Media Strategist; ability to contribute to growing the team
Self-Service Campaign Management & Optimisation
- Setup, traffic, and manage programmatic buys across multiple demand side platforms
- Campaign creation within the DSPs, data onboarding, A/B testing and rotation set-up, proper tracking implementation, foresight in campaign set-up to prepare for optimizations and success, setting bid strategies, etc.
- Manage pacing and evaluate performance to ensure KPI delivery, identifying and implementing optimizations, proactively making recommendations and providing campaign insights. This includes evaluating at detailed levels including geographic area, audience, content, etc)
- Evaluate and deliver actionable audience insights and optimization-based insights per the cadence needed in order to enhance campaign strategy/goals.
- Understand how to manage different kinds of goals and requirements (awareness, CPA, viewability, brand safety)
- Work closely with media planning teams to provide ROI driving insights and recommendations. Understand how programmatic fits within a media plan and media objectives in order to develop and execute successful strategies.
- Identify relevant audience pools for campaigns and provide recommendations on value
- Work directly with internal to ensure all tracking is in place and mapping correctly and continuously monitor campaigns to ensure everything is serving correctly. Coordinate with internal media team to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving technical issues
- Create testing plans that align with goals to take the campaign a step further.
Innovation, Team Development
- Continue learning and maintaining industry knowledge and trends as it regards to programmatic buying. Stay on top of technology updates and opportunities
- Contribute to updating best practices and offer insights on how to improve campaign effectiveness
- Be a subject matter expert both internally and with the client
- Relationship building with platform, inventory and data vendors
- Drive innovation
Earned Media / PR Specialist
Cape Town Earned Media Studio King James Group 02 October 2018
We on the hunt for 2 specialists to join our new Earned Media Studio which lives in Cape Town but works across all KJ Group SA clients.
Minimum 4 years relevant experience. (Financial, Corporate, Consumer and Lifestyle brands)
The core of the job will be idea explosion. This means that you will work alongside Creative to take ideas and translate them into opportunities that create online talkability and grab headlines.
This will predominantly be through earned media (journalists, bloggers and influencers) but most campaigns will also incorporate paid media opportunities through native and influencer partnerships. You will develop integrated earned media/ PR strategies and plans, produce newsworthy content, create and curate social media content for influencers, build media and influencer target lists and relationships and most importantly, secure editorial exposure and drive social media conversation.
You will also be responsible for analysis and reporting of earned media/ PR efforts as part of the integrated campaign efforts. It is fast pace and high pressure but with the right passion and energy, this is a dream job.
·Deep understanding of the media landscape
·Deep understanding of the influencer landscape
·Media relations skills (most NB)
·Influencer relations skills
·Earned Media/ PR strategy
·Integrated marketing communication strategy
·Journalistic style writing
·Basic understanding of data and analytics
·Media monitoring and analysis
·Exceptional communicator (written, verbal, presentations)
·Team player with initiative
·Exceptional interpersonal skills
·Must work well under pressure
·Expert at multi-tasking
·Attention to detail
·Natural networker/ connector
·Must have a keen interest in the broader marketing communications world (beyond a traditional PR purist)
·Integrated agency experience is a big advantage