Senior Public Relations Account Manager
Cape Town Client Service Atmosphere 09 October 2018
We are looking for a Senior Account Manager to join our Public Relations financial services team in Cape Town. This is a great opportunity to progress your career by joining one of South Africa's most awarded agencies.
If you’re an energetic, creative and highly efficient Senior Account Manager with existing, good knowledge of financial services, financial markets and personal finance, great media contacts and are superb at pitching stories, then we’d like to hear from you.
- Working under an account director and assisting in every aspect of the account management role, which includes managing an account executive
- Manage client expectations
- Develop and manage projects/programmes, including implementation of plans, evaluation mechanisms, budgets and timelines
- Perform much of the day-to-day work on key accounts with assistance from both more junior and more senior staff as appropriate
- Is client’s primary day-to-day contact on projects, is the contact for the full account and has client’s respect, trust and confidence
- Develops presentations for clients relative to campaign management/programme status
- Keeps team(s) appropriately informed and involved in projects
- Identifies and secures help on emerging account problems
- Keeps track of deliverables and ensures they are met
- Is able to articulate and apply agency vision, goals, practice areas, products and overall capabilities
- Continue to invest in growing knowledge of clients' business and industries in which they operate
- Superb interpersonal skills coupled with ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work in a high-paced and pressurised environment
- Quick learner - understanding our business and its challenges quickly and efficiently
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail and efficient time management skills
- Has full understanding of public relations and a demonstrated ability to achieve public relations objectives
- Develops and drafts communication programmes based on team input
- Understanding of the business environment, financial services industry, financial markets, asset management, personal finance and basic economics
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Oversees and directs media campaigns
- Excellent media release pitcher, with established relationships with print, digital and broadcast journalists – specifically in the financial services/business space
- Efficiently and effectively plans and manages events (e.g., press conferences, media tours, analyst meetings, advocate briefings, etc.)
- Understands the creative process and how to work effectively with internal and external creative resources
- Has established a circle of industry editorial, investment community, professional and/or third-party group contacts
- Anticipates and assists in developing solutions to client needs and problems
- Provides leadership in building effective, productive account teams
- Minimum three years working for a PR agency
- Minimum two years in an Account Manager role
- Experience working in financial services PR is essential
- Strong writing skills
- A driver personality type
- A relevant degree
- Driver’s license
*Preference will be given to qualifying BEE applicants.
Digital Media Account Manager
Cape Town Client Service King James Digital 02 October 2018
We're on the hunt for an Account Manger to join our King James Digital Data & Media team in Cape Town.
Minimum 4 years relevant experience.
This individual will play a crucial client facing role in the agency.
It is imperative that the individual immerses themselves in the clients brand and full product offering, as well as understands the clients business, to ensure they are able to effectively and consistently offer cutting edge solutions and campaigns for the client's brand.
This role requires strong reasoning ability, communication skills and planning skills to deliver on clients mandates.
·Proactive planning for clients and effective deployment of budgets
·Implementation of communication programmes
·Proposing budgets to the Account Director
·Calculating the financials and profitability of a campaign or retainer
·Your aim is to deliver high quality e-business strategies, solutions, tools and services to clients which enable them to achieve their Digital and Internet Marketing objectives.
·Actively consult with clients regarding media buying, optimisation, social media community management, content, audience segmentation, technology selection and other issues and challenges confronting businesses pursuing a digital strategy, to achieve either Brand Awareness, Brand Touch, Brand Engagement or Brand Conversion. A client may want some or all of these.
·Share knowledge with your colleagues and managers daily
·Manage your time effectively and deliver on deadline
·SOW’s for each client in your portfolio, signed off by client and shared with the necessary team working on the client
·Ensure your team are tracking time against the correct job numbers and working within time limitations
·Become the best in the industry, become a specialist, become an industry leader
·Microsoft Powerpoint and Keynote (Where applicable)
·Email etiquette and management
·Intimate knowledge of the full digital ecosystem
·Intimate knowledge of Websites and UX
·Intimate knowledge of Optimisation (conversion optimisation)
·Intimate knowledge of Seach Engine Optimisation (SEO)
·Intimate knowledge of all social media plaforms and how they work
·Intimate knowledge of the Google AdWords and media offering across all areas (GDN, PPC, Programmatic) and staying on top of all new offerings
·Intimate knowledge of analytics and reporting tools
·Ability to work alone and with a team
Digital Media Strategist
Johannesburg Media Strategy King James Digital 02 October 2018
We're on the hunt for Digital Media Strategist to join our King James Data & Media team in Jhb.
Minimum 5 years relevant experience.
The purpose of the media strategist is to develop an in depth understanding of the client’s business and marketing goals and translate this knowledge and insight into focussed KPI channel strategies. It is also imperative that the media strategist drives key relationships within clients’ businesses to drive digital media spend competencies.
- Managing budgets
- Managing clients
- Having a strong understanding of the digital media landscape and opportunities
- In-depth knowledge on ALL digital media channels
- Time management
- Strong technical and implementation knowledge
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Quality assurance
- Minimum 5 years experience in digital media
- Developing and defining the digital media strategy on behalf of the client
- Presenting the digital media strategy with confidence
- Demonstrating and showing an unrivalled understanding of the digital landscape, industry tools and data interpretation
- Showing strong data analysis and interpretation skills
- Keep in touch with industry trends and attending relevant workshops to further develop skill set
- Delivering on client requirements
Cape Town Media King James Digital 02 October 2018
What does the Programmatic Trader do?
The Programmatic Trader will help set up our in-House programmatic team, which is within the media team. We are seeking a results-driven and detail-oriented individual who has prior experience launching, managing and optimizing campaigns using demand-side platforms (DBM, TTD, Appnexus, with a priority focus on DBM) to deliver positive outcomes for our clients. This person enjoys working within various platforms day-to-day and the nitty gritty details that make up a programmatic campaign. The trader must be numbers-oriented, analytical, an excel-guru and self-starter. This person will also work with other internal teams such as Data Science and Analytics to analyse, understand and implement campaign requirements and optimizations. Prior experience must include working within a DSP in a self-service manner for a minimum of two years.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience as a trader, executing within platforms self-service at a third-party trading desk, DSP, in-house trading desk or exchange.
- Data science background a plus.
- 2-4 years hands-on, automated marketing experience building and optimizing campaigns within programmatic technology, including DSPs and DMPs; experience in tagging & bidding
- Hands-on experience within display, mobile, video, social channels.
- Ability to think strategically and is continuously updating their knowledge within an industry/environment that is constantly changing.
- Familiarity in trafficking and optimizing CPA and awareness campaigns via programmatic
- Experience setting bid strategies across RTB and PMP (private, preferred, guaranteed) inventory
- Strong experience in Excel, including pivot tables, chart-making, and manipulation of data sets for analysis
- Ability to multi-task across clients to ensure the proper executions of several plans simultaneously
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- General troubleshooting skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent listening skills and the ability to adjust to the personalities of various partners
- Strong project management, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to multitask with effective resolution management in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Reports to Media Strategist; ability to contribute to growing the team
Self-Service Campaign Management & Optimisation
- Setup, traffic, and manage programmatic buys across multiple demand side platforms
- Campaign creation within the DSPs, data onboarding, A/B testing and rotation set-up, proper tracking implementation, foresight in campaign set-up to prepare for optimizations and success, setting bid strategies, etc.
- Manage pacing and evaluate performance to ensure KPI delivery, identifying and implementing optimizations, proactively making recommendations and providing campaign insights. This includes evaluating at detailed levels including geographic area, audience, content, etc)
- Evaluate and deliver actionable audience insights and optimization-based insights per the cadence needed in order to enhance campaign strategy/goals.
- Understand how to manage different kinds of goals and requirements (awareness, CPA, viewability, brand safety)
- Work closely with media planning teams to provide ROI driving insights and recommendations. Understand how programmatic fits within a media plan and media objectives in order to develop and execute successful strategies.
- Identify relevant audience pools for campaigns and provide recommendations on value
- Work directly with internal to ensure all tracking is in place and mapping correctly and continuously monitor campaigns to ensure everything is serving correctly. Coordinate with internal media team to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving technical issues
- Create testing plans that align with goals to take the campaign a step further.
Innovation, Team Development
- Continue learning and maintaining industry knowledge and trends as it regards to programmatic buying. Stay on top of technology updates and opportunities
- Contribute to updating best practices and offer insights on how to improve campaign effectiveness
- Be a subject matter expert both internally and with the client
- Relationship building with platform, inventory and data vendors
- Drive innovation
Earned Media / PR Specialist
Cape Town Earned Media Studio King James Group 02 October 2018
We on the hunt for 2 specialists to join our new Earned Media Studio which lives in Cape Town but works across all KJ Group SA clients.
Minimum 4 years relevant experience. (Financial, Corporate, Consumer and Lifestyle brands)
The core of the job will be idea explosion. This means that you will work alongside Creative to take ideas and translate them into opportunities that create online talkability and grab headlines.
This will predominantly be through earned media (journalists, bloggers and influencers) but most campaigns will also incorporate paid media opportunities through native and influencer partnerships. You will develop integrated earned media/ PR strategies and plans, produce newsworthy content, create and curate social media content for influencers, build media and influencer target lists and relationships and most importantly, secure editorial exposure and drive social media conversation.
You will also be responsible for analysis and reporting of earned media/ PR efforts as part of the integrated campaign efforts. It is fast pace and high pressure but with the right passion and energy, this is a dream job.
·Deep understanding of the media landscape
·Deep understanding of the influencer landscape
·Media relations skills (most NB)
·Influencer relations skills
·Earned Media/ PR strategy
·Integrated marketing communication strategy
·Journalistic style writing
·Basic understanding of data and analytics
·Media monitoring and analysis
·Exceptional communicator (written, verbal, presentations)
·Team player with initiative
·Exceptional interpersonal skills
·Must work well under pressure
·Expert at multi-tasking
·Attention to detail
·Natural networker/ connector
·Must have a keen interest in the broader marketing communications world (beyond a traditional PR purist)
·Integrated agency experience is a big advantage