Cape Town Social Media King James Digital 13 June 2018
King James Digital is looking for a Content Publisher / Community Manager to join our team. Financial or Corporate experience will put you ahead of the pack.
The successful candidate will spend their time between the Client's offices in Bellville working closely with the marketing communications and Client care teams, and with the KJD team in Woodstock.
We're looking for people who are highly positive, interesting and effortless to work with. Self-starters with relentless energy.
Your CV must demonstrate tangible, relevant experience together with examples of writing skills.Apply
Senior Digital Project Manager
Cape Town Project Management King James Digital 13 June 2018
·Bring structure and management to a a portfolio of both simple and complex projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
·Drive assigned projects and take ownership for their success – both in terms of project delivery and business outcomes.
·Develop accurate project timelines and resource estimates as part of the project planning process.
·Provide outstanding project management support including monitoring and reporting on the project progress, issues, risks, and results.
·Define and coordinate User Acceptance Testing efforts for a variety of projects with development team and business users.
·Create and maintain project management documentation.
·Build and maintain strong relationships beyond the development team to work effectively with technical and non-technical business partners
·Analyse and resolve production issues working independently or with the support of the development team
·6+ year’s project management experience.
·Self-driven, independent, and accountable.
·Organised with ability to prioritise work load and work under pressure.
·Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
·Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
·Strong management and negotiation skills.
·Ability to understand business needs, articulate trade offs, and discuss solutions with both business and development teams.
·Ability to vet business and technical requirements.
·Willing to learn from and freely share knowledge with others, and comfortable participating in cross functional teams.
·Able to work independently or with a team, in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
·Natural problem solver with a strong awareness of risk.
·Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and comfortable with initially undefined projects.
·Intermediate to Advanced Excel knowledge.
·Proficiency in MS Office Applications and Microsoft Project.
·Familiarity with version control systems e.g. Git etc
·Experience with Waterfall and Agile software development methodologies.
·Experience with process-driven applications.
·Experience of working in a high-stress environment and on multiple projects concurrently.
·Experience managing Application Development Projects (familiarity with SDLC)
·Manage projects and lead technical delivery teams within projects
·Management of the day-to-day activities for small, medium and large-scale projects.
·Prioritization of project deliverables and activities.
·Tracking and monitoring of project issues and escalation to management as appropriate.
·Overall project schedule and project deliverables responsibility.
·Reporting of tasks and milestones against the plan internally and to customers’ stakeholders.
·Scheduling of project meetings; compilation of actions/decisions made throughout the project.
·Tracking of project time and deliverables against budget and requirements.
·Provide forecast of billable time.
·Deliver successful performance relative to defined performance metrics.
Nice to have:
·Proficiency with at least one web development language
·Qualification or experience in any IT-related discipline
Senior Backend Developer
Cape Town Technical King James Digital 13 March 2018
We are looking for very talented Senior Developer who loves to tackle new technology, solve interesting challenges and make great products.
An ideal developer for this role will have solid fundamentals in computer science, experience in LAMP stack and OO software development. You're willing to work with and learn from others.
You must be comfortable taking the initiative, working as a team and proactively take the lead whenever necessary. You'll have the ability to solve problems quickly and sustainably.
• Working with technical leadership to design and implement new services, improve on existing services and create new services and products
• Architecting, designing and scaling solutions for web related development
• Evaluating and adopting new technologies
• Assist in creating, maintaining and promoting best practices
• Assist other developers through mentoring and code reviews
• 6+ years experience in backend or full-stack software development - 6 years is a benchmark but if you are a STRONG developer with great experience it's what you can do that counts
• Experience using CodeIgniter, Laravel or other PHP frameworks (Wordpress)
• Experience in delivering RESTful micro-services in a Service-Oriented Architecture
• Proficiency in Java, C#
• GIT, Version Control understanding to a high level
• Proven experience and skill in client-server technologies, and cluster architectures and deployments
• Experience and ability in system design, and hands on experience presenting to the team(s)
• Killer interpersonal skills with emphasis on verbal and written communication
It would be a plus if you had:
· Experience building distributed systems leveraging AWS or other cloud services
· Familiarity with chat / messaging systems
· Familiarity with front-end technologies, such as HTML5, SASS, jQuery, manipulating canvas and three.js
· Working knowledge with Grunt, Gulp and Webpack